Dive into your own 3D data inside an immersive room
An immersive room is an interactive virtual reality space where each of the surfaces – the walls, floor, and ceiling – act as projection screens to create a highly immersive experience. It’s like having a window into your 3D model, where you can walk around, manipulate, and examine the virtual objects from different angles, providing a more complete understanding of your CAD data.
TechViz XL is a professional-grade 3D visualization software tailored for engineering, compatible with +200 software like Catia, Creo or Navisworks. With TechViz, the viewer can visualize a 3D model in VR – even large-scale ones – in an immersive room.
A multi-faceted virtual environment
Immersive room vs Virtual reality headsets
Both immersive rooms and head-mounted displays are technologies that are used to create completely immersive virtual reality experiences. However, there are key differences between the two that may make one a better fit for your specific use case. The choice between one virtual reality technology or the other highly depends on what your organization wants to achieve.
Feel free to reach out to our sales team for more insight.
How an immersive room works
An immersive room relies on a combination of high-end visualization technologies to create a highly-realistic and interactive virtual and augmented reality environment:
High-resolution projectors or LED walls are used to display 3D models on the different sides
Users wear special glasses that display different images to each eye, creating the illusion of depth and three-dimensionality.
Cameras and sensors are placed in the room to track the movements of users and adjust the projections to match the user’s perspective.
Users interact with the VR models using a variety of input devices such as VR controllers, tracking gloves, joysticks, or other devices.
Need to set-up a demo in an immersive room?
TechViz Lab is a unique facility located in the heart of Paris (France) where you can experience the latest innovations of XR for professionals:
- Muti-device XR space where you can share your 3D model with as many users and virtual reality devices as you wish
- Remote rendering and streaming XR content thanks to Cloud&Viz
- 3D visualization – even with large-scale models – to run fully immersive project reviews
Equipped with the latest high technologies both hardware and software, TechViz 4-sided immersive room is a fully integrated solution for VR and stereoscopic 3D visualizations. Developed with long-term partners, all experts in their field, this is your fast track to 3D Virtual Reality.
TechViz Lab features
- 3D Visualization Software TechViz XL by TechViz
- Workstations DELL Precision 3650 equipped with NVIDIA RTX A5000 GPUs
- Projection powered by Christie, 4 mirage M series
- Integration by Antycip Simulation
- Tracking system ARTTRACK 5 and navigation device Flystick 2 supplied by ART
- Screens and structure supplied by Da-lite
- Virtual reality glasses and emitters supplied by Volfoni