Build scenarios in a virtual environment, program functionalities and integrate tracking information.
Discover how TechViz XL and TechViz TVZLib API technologies join forces to easily create 3D applications from desktop designed ones.
Why use TechViz TVZLib API?
TechViz TVZLib API was developed in order to satisfy the growing need of new scenarios, in a world where the knowledge about VR is becoming progressively widespread. With TVZLib API, users do not have to consider any technical feature related to the virtual prototyping environment – such as the display configuration (Immersive Room, powerwall, HMD…), the tracking brand, the stereo technology, and all the others synchronization problematic.
- Thanks to TechViz TVZLib one can create their own specific scenario and program their own functionalities to meet one’s need.
- Used with any Virtual Protyping Environment (Immersive Room, Head-mounted display, Powerwall…)
- Asynchronous feature of the library not impacted by synchronization processes (projectors, rendering)
- Easy to implement
How does the TechViz TVZLib work?
The TechViz TVZLib option operates with TechViz XL, real time visualization software with which you can display your large 3D data sets or 3D virtual prototype directly from your native application, on any type of stereo 3D display (Immersive Room, Powerwall, HMD…).
All TechViz options work on standard workstations under Windows 7, 8, 10 or Linux, 32 or 64 bits binary compatibility.
Key features :
- Create and develop scenarios
- Integrate your tracking information
- Use the programming library (C, C++, c#, python…)
- Academic Centers : Virtual reality training program such as surgical training
- Industries : Virtual Reality training scenarios such as railway signaling operators: unlimited practice within a safe environment, with unlimited possible scenarios
Combine your existing 3D OpenGL application with TechViz TVZLib API to develop tailored interactive functionalities!
Thanks to TechViz TVZLib API, developers can simply edit or create their existing desktop 3D application for a similar use within a VR environment. They can do so by programming their own functionalities, as well as easily integrating tracking information as inputs for real time 3D navigation and interaction, instead of only using a keyboard and a mouse. Furthermore all VR prerequisites are handled transparently by the TechViz XL core.
TechViz offers a programming library that can be adapted to a broad range of programming languages (C, C++, c#, python…). Integrating this C library within one OpenGL based developed application, users can either get back information from what is happening within the 3D environment or call TechViz functionalities. For instance: navigation functions when developing a new metaphor of navigation – virtual driver of navigation.
Free download for more information about TVZLib API!
Fill the form below to download our conference paper presented at Euro VR 2014
G. Zachmann, J. Perret, and A. Amditis (Editors)