Why use Collaborative VR?
- VR Collaboration between departments worldwide
- real time 3D model visualization on different devices
- View remote user’s avatar & pinpoint remote user’s attention
- Cross domain review
- Work on corporate connection
- No data conversion
- Heterogeneous display systems
- Real-time VR collaboration
- Fully immersive
- Up to 50 sites working together in real time
- Technical review: R&D – Production site
- Validation process: Management – Engineering departments (cross domain review)
- Result presentations: Researchers
- Maintenance operations: Conception design – Operators
How does it work?
- Collaborative vr operates with TechViz XL, the 3D vizualisation software with which you can display your large 3D data sets or virtual prototype directly from your native application with large frame rate, on any type of stereo 3D display.
- TechViz XL and its options work on standard workstations under Windows 7, 8, 10 or Linux, 32 or 64 bits binary compatibility.
- All professional 3D applications are displayed on any VR devices without any conversion.
- Section planes: useful to see the inside of an object.
- Annotations: stick virtual flags on the model to point out specific issues seen during the review.
- Virtual Assembly: enables to simulate complex mounting/dismounting task and explain manufacturing and maintenance issues to a remote team.
TechViz VR Sketching: draw on your 3D CAD model during a remote collaborative session
- Draw directly in VR.
- Change live the design of your 3D model and validate it with other people during a vr collaborative meeting.
- Circle a specific area of your 3D model to highlight parts of your virtual prototype.
- Make annotations.
- Add some elements to the 3D model while making a project review in VR.
A shared virtual workspace
Teamwork is key to success and has become a challenge for global firms whose departments or subsidiaries are spread all over the world. TechViz has developed its virtual reality collaborative solution creating a shared virtual workspace connecting several sites around a same 3D project. Immersed in their own 3D system, users from different locations will see each other, visualize and work on the same 3D model in real time. This software is ideal to improve communication between coworkers to pursue decision and validation processes without physical meeting. TechViz VR collaboration can also be used to provide remote training, in real time, at any distance. Teamwork becomes easier within the corporate structure, especially between people working from different locations in the world.
A fluent virtual environment to save time efficiently
TechViz collaborative VR solution ensures real time data update and synchronization from the different departments based in various locations. Navigation and interaction from every site is fluent: people can join or leave a session without affecting the connection of the other sites.
What are the benefits of this innovation in real time 3D? This evolution in the use of Virtual Reality Environments saves time through enhanced communication around a same 3D project : the visual medium is used to share ideas easily and efficiently.